Morningstar TriStar 60A Charge Controller
The Morningstar TS-60 charge controller is the workhorse of the renewable energy market with many years of service in systems worldwide.
The Morningstar TS-60 is a highly reliable and very flexible charge controller, having several modes of operation for both solar and wind applications. The mode of operation is selected on the controller when it is installed. The controller can easily be re-configured if the system requirements change.
For Wind Applications - use diversion mode:
The TS-60 is connected to your battery bank and also the dump load. It operates as an ‘overflow’ controller for your battery bank – It will bleed excess energy to the dump load when the batteries are at full capacity. This means that the turbine is always running – and not being switched on and off as is the case with other charge control methods. It also means that your batteries are never ‘cycled’ through on / off charging techniques and this will prolong the life of your expensive battery bank.
The TS-60 uses pulse width modulation (PWM) to send the exact right amount of excess energy to the dump load at any time.
- Suitable for all battery voltages – 12v, 24v & 48v
- Advanced charge control algorithms – Giving better battery charging using Pulse Width Modulation
- 3 modes of operation- Diversion, Load Control & Solar Control
- 60 amps of power handling capacity – enabling dump load capacities of 720w (12v), 1440w (24v) or 2880w (48v)
- Fully Adjustable – DIP Switch settings allow programming of different set points
- High Reliability – The large heat sink allows operation up to 45Deg C
- More Information – Charge status LED’s and optional LCD display
- Easy to install – Large power terminals and conduit knock-outs
- Communication Capability – Optional RS232 PC interface for custom setting, data logging and remote monitoring